Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Swimming Lessons

My younger boys just finished swimming lessons at Graham's Aquaticshttp://www.grahamsaquatics.blogspot.com/. I'm a serious slacker as this is the first time for them. With Spencer being 11 and going to scout camp this month, I was finally pushed to get them done. I worried about them being in beginning classes at their ages, so I looked around for a private pool. I found one and absolutely LOVED it! They went Mon-Thurs for 2 weeks and Spencer even passed his scout swim check (as a beginner, but still pretty good for only having one set of lessons.)




Hunter did really well, considering how uncoordinated he is. He loved being in the water and showing me how long he could hold his breath.







The class size was about 9, but they had 3 teachers, so the kids got alot of one-on-one time. The lessons are in their last session for this summer, but if you need lessons next year, I highly recommend it!



Max is a fish! He could swim the entire length of the pool after just a couple days.

2 comments:

Mandy said...

How fun! I've definitely got to sign my kids up for some private lessons next summer... I'll have to check this place out.

Lia said...

Kowhai's never had lessons. I should get her in somewhere this summer with a private teacher. She had a traumatic experience when she was very small and has a fear of the water for a long time. It's only been in the last couple of years that she's become more confident.