Wednesday, August 25, 2010


Doane Family Reunion 2010



After months of planning and worrying, our reunion went off last weekend without a hitch. We had a really great time.
We started at 7 Peaks on Friday. Eight hours of fun in the sun was about all I could take. My back hasn't started peeling yet, but I will look like a molting snake any day now.
Saturday, we had a picnic up Provo Canyon, then walked around Cascade Springs. I highly recommend that, it's just gorgeous.




Once at the cabin, the kids found the zip line, and some of them were on it almost all weekend. I tried it once and have to say, it was fun.






The cabin was fabulous! (My pictures of the cabin are on my camera in West Valley, I'll post them when I get it back.) There was a game room and a theater room. Plus, lots of room for playing, eating and sleeping. It was at the very top of the timberlakes above Heber. So beautiful!







Sunday was our DI Fashion Show. Always good for a laugh.














We also played 'Minute to Win It', which was great.








Did you know you can put an Oreo on your forehead and get it in your mouth using just your facial muscles? We proved it can be done.
One of the funnest things was courtesy of a pair of pantyhose. It doesn't take much to entertain us, and we all took turns putting the hose on our heads. I promised not to put any of the pictures on the internet, and I'm keeping that promise. Trust me, they're hilarious. If you need something fun to do, try it.


Thanks to all my family for showing up and for putting up with my lack of organizing and planning skills. It was a blast and I can't wait for next year- especially because I can just show up!
Love your guts!!!

3 comments:

Mandy said...

Looks like fun- glad you had a good time.

Lia said...

Was this just your siblings and parents families or were there cousins and aunts and uncles? I had to help plan my dad's family reunion once. UGH! Looks like you did a great job! I gotta try that oreo thingy!

Julie said...

My parents, siblings and thier families. About 35 of us all together.