Monday, June 23, 2008

Happy Father's Day- just a little late.


I felt kind of bad when I didn't put anything on here for my husband for Father's Day, but now I'm glad I waited. I'm sitting here, basking in the cool air coming from my swamp cooler. The only reason I'm cool and comfortable is that my husband spent the last two weekends working on it. I am so grateful for him and all he does for us.
I wonder tho', how do men learn to do things like that? When we go to our 'maturation program', do they take them aside and teach them how to change brake pads on cars and how to fix leaks in swamp cooler pipes?? I certainly missed those lessons, if they were offered somewhere. Not that I would have learned much, I probably would've started daydreaming and missed the whole thing.
Anyway, I'm thankful that he is so handy. He doesn't do major car repairs, but he can handle the little stuff. House stuff is usually handled by him, as well. (Things like a SpongeBob toy flushed down the toilet we have to leave to the professionals.) He can build anything with wood and is a perfectionist when it comes to his creations. He is kind and has never said an unkind word to me in all the years we've been together. Not that our relationship is perfect, whose is? But, even with all the ups and downs, the roller coaster of life is much better with him in it.

So, as I sit here in my 74 degree house, I want to say how happy I am that we started this journey together. Guy is a wonderful father and an excellent provider (4 sick days in 16 years). I am pleased to say that he is my best friend. As we face this roller coaster ride, with all of it's breath-stealing, scream-inducing, stomach-dropping twists and turns, I look forward to plummeting through it with him. Strap in and hold on.

7 comments:

Sarah said...

OH! Thats sweet. Glad your coolers fixed, that was hot. by the way, how was the party? :)

Lia said...

I love Philip, but I think he missed those classes as well.

Kim said...

I too am thankful for a husband who is handy...he has had to pull the toilet more than once to fish out toys....YUCK!!

meegz said...

I don't know who Lia is -- but I'd have to echo her exact words -- including the name!:)
Thanks for getting the lunch thing going today -- it was GREAT!!:)

Jacque said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jacque said...

I agree, the DeMille boys did attend those fix it classes, didn't they? Well at least OUR DeMille boys did. I am thankful for all Arden is able to fix around the house. I need to be more vocal with my appreciation they way you are with Guy. Good work!

Jacque said...

P.S. - I LOVE the wedding photo!