When you have a child with any disability, progress is measured in the smallest increments. Hunter has come so far in the last few years. When he was 3 (and we had not idea what was going on with him) any change was cause for tears and serious upset. Anything from changing the living room furniture around to changing his clothes, brought on a full-blown melt down. Now, he does much better with change and very rarely has a problem with it. (Tho' he still thrives on a schedule.) Sometimes, because I see him everyday and am used to him and his 'quirks', I think maybe he isn't any different than other kids his age. All it takes is one Tiger Scout meeting to remind me that isn't so. I don't mind, I love Hunter the way he is and wouldn't change anything.
#332
6 years ago



6 comments:
OH JULIE -- I am soooo happy for him! for you too.:) It is amazing how those baby steps are really olympic gold medals!
I agree on the part where we start to think they are fitting in quite well until we go to a tiger cub meeting. nothing will whip you out of shape quicker!:)
Keep on keeping on! You are a great MOM!!!
(at least YOU remember you have 7!!LOL)
Yay for Hunter!!
That's awesome! We love Hunter and he cracks me up ALL the time.
I like the way you plugged the Olympics there at the end. Tell Hunter, Good Job!!
It's the smallest hurdles like that one that truly are Olympic medal worthy! Play the DeMille family song and know that we are all clapping and teary-eyed with you - go Hunter!
That's awesome. You and Guy are wonderful parents and I'm glad you work so hard for Hunter. He is a great kid. I wish we had more time to see you all.
Post a Comment