When I woke this morning, I had a feeling of anticipation, sort of like Christmas. I skipped down the stairs and greeted the morning like Snow White. I swear, if I would've looked out the window, little blue birds would've greeted me with song. There was a wonderful noise, tho'.
It's a rumbling down the street, air brakes swooshing and the squeal of doors opening. Oh, what a beautiful sound.
You can see by my older boys' pictures that my enthusiasm for the first day of school wasn't shared by all.


Sadie was a little more excited, though understandably nervous about finding classes, etc.
You can see by my older boys' pictures that my enthusiasm for the first day of school wasn't shared by all.
Sadie was a little more excited, though understandably nervous about finding classes, etc.
Adam starts high school, do you realize how old that makes me feel? It's going to be an interesting day for him since he's in a cast. (Nothing serious, he has plantar faciaitis, or a fallen arch.)

Of course, Maxwell is thrilled to be starting kindergarten. Hunter and Spencer are happy, too. It's nice to have some of them ready to go. I sure am, ready that is. The summer flew by, but I'm not complaining. My kids need the structure that school provides, not to mention the social interaction. I used to think I wanted to home school my kids. Ha! That was when I was young and had no children. I applaud anyone who does it, because it's got to be hard. I just don't have the organizational skills, let alone the patience, to teach my kids. Nope, I'll leave it to the professionals. Besides, I LOVE the break. It makes me a better mom when I can take a breather and have some time to myself. (Well, myself and Noah, but really, with 7 kids, when you just have one at home, it's like you're all alone!!)
Of course, Maxwell is thrilled to be starting kindergarten. Hunter and Spencer are happy, too. It's nice to have some of them ready to go. I sure am, ready that is. The summer flew by, but I'm not complaining. My kids need the structure that school provides, not to mention the social interaction. I used to think I wanted to home school my kids. Ha! That was when I was young and had no children. I applaud anyone who does it, because it's got to be hard. I just don't have the organizational skills, let alone the patience, to teach my kids. Nope, I'll leave it to the professionals. Besides, I LOVE the break. It makes me a better mom when I can take a breather and have some time to myself. (Well, myself and Noah, but really, with 7 kids, when you just have one at home, it's like you're all alone!!)
So, if you see me the next few weeks and I have a silly grin on my face, you'll know the reason. Come on, sing with me.



7 comments:
Even though we don't have 7, I'm smiling right along with you!:)
Okay, first I have to say that I laughed when I heard the music!! That was a good choice. Second, oh my goodness your kids have grown. Do you have a big stick to beat all the girls off? You'll need it! And Sadie looks like such a little lady! Has it been that long? Enjoy your quiet time today, should I mention all the notes you'll get from the schools today? Nah, just enjoy the quiet while you can!!
Loved the song! And of course, your kids are so stinking cute!
HAHAHAHA! I loved the music! I am happy that my kids are in school, and up until the day they start I am all for them being in school two months ago. But something hits me when I take them to school that first day and then I feel sad. But I think it is more a sadness that they are getting older and growing up. But yes, I am right there with you - I am happy that they now have the structure back in their lives. Great song choice!!!
Oh yes! Singing some harmony with ya girlfriend! In fact, I chuckled at the song...it was used for an Office Max commercial or something like that with a dad dancing down the aisles as he flung school supplies into the cart and the kids drug along beside him. Yup, that's me!!! My kids went back last week and life is good again - having one home is much better! Your kids are too big for words...slow them down, will ya!
I'm laughing right out loud...I'm with you sister!!
I thought I had already made a comment on this post but maybe not. I've been busy with work so I normally read, but don't always comment. The kids are all looking great. I love Sadie's hair, can't believe how grown up our daughters are. Who are these little adults? I'm glad they are all enjoying school up there. We love you guys.
Post a Comment