My niece, Amanda, was married on Saturday. It was a beautiful day, and looking at the pictures, you'd never know the stresses that came before the ceremony. Watching my sister deal with all the issues made me realize, again, that Heavenly Father knew exactly what He was doing when He gave me one daughter. I spent the morning making bouquets, corsages and boutonnieres. It was fun for me and I appreciated the fact that Amanda trusted me with such an important task. There's a lot of talk about my sister's first husband, but I think this picture says ALOT. This is Amanda with her two dads. The fact that she had them both walk her down the aisle and that the 'ex' spent the day with all of us is a tribute to my sister and her husband. They have taken a very difficult situation and made the very best of it. They put up with alot. That's family, though, right? I was impressed as I watched my family and the way everyone just steps up and does what needs to be done. My brother and his wife set up and manned the chocolate fountain, my other brother helped with setting things up, my sister took the pictures, it truly was a family affair.
#332
6 years ago



1 comment:
Weddings always make me cry, cause I always reflect back on the day when I was the bride. The bouquet looks beautiful, good job!
Post a Comment