Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

I just had to say how grateful I am for the women in my life, mothers or not. I have an incredible mom, three fabulous sisters, two great sisters-in-law, a sweet mother-in-law and countless friends who are such an example to me. Motherhood is hard. Trying to balance everything you're supposed to do and keep your head sane isn't an easy task. No one tells you when you have that first, sweet, little baby what trials and problems are going to come your way. Not that I would trade any of it. I am so blessed. I don't know how we end up with the kids we get, I've heard opinions that we pick our parents. I'm not sure I agree with that. I honestly can't imagine any of my kids picking me. I think it's the other way around. I definitely would've picked them. I know I complain alot, but truthfully, I don't know how I deserve them. Being a mother is all I've ever wanted to do and they made that possible. I will be forever grateful for whatever reason they ended up with me.

2 comments:

Lia said...

Happy Mothers' Day (a day late)!

Tammy Bentley Jones said...

I hope that you had a very Happy Mothers Day!! You are a fantastic mother and friend. I am grateful to have you in my life. You're kids are really blessed to have you as their mother.