Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Get out of bed, sleepyhead!

I have a friend who told me years ago, how she would wake her kids in the morning by singing. "Wow! Really?" This made me feel guilty about the way I did it. (Used my voice, definitely not singing.) That's when my older ones were in elementary school. Now, my younger ones have no problem getting up, in fact I very rarely wake them. The teenagers are another story. Adam is doing good this year, Sadie, too. I've only had to get them up once. Jacob, well, he's a challenge. He always has an excuse, "I forgot to set my alarm." "My alarm clock got turned off." Well, if you saw before bed that your clock was unplugged, why not plug it in before you go to sleep?? I've been threatening them that I'd wake them up with a water bottle. Last night I mentioned that and Jake said, "But, you haven't done it." I told him it's because I felt bad, but I didn't anymore. That should've been enough motivation, right?

Nope. I took my camera down with me, and here he is being woke up with a refreshing spritz of water. We'll see how many days it takes for him to decide to get up on his own. Maybe tomorrow I'll sing while I spray!

5 comments:

Kim said...

LOL! I think it's a grand idea! the singing and the water..perhaps you can sing "singing in the rain".

kerriek said...

That's how my Dad used to do it... it only took once or twice!

Deb said...

That is awesome! You should increase the amount of water you use. I bet a bucket would teach him the first time.

meegz said...

my mom never actually poured the water, but I remember MANY a time that she had the big old glass of water ready to pour on me --- I never moved so fast!:)

Lia said...

That's a great idea. Nik has a hard time getting up. Hmmm, maybe if I wasn't too lazy to climb the stairs to his room.