Thursday, October 8, 2009

My quilting began a year ago because of the influence of my friends- Megan and Michelle. They are both much better at getting projects started and finished. But, I'm still grateful for their positive peer pressure. (I want to be like them!) My most recent creative project was my new church bag. Megan showed us her bag during the summer and I immediately asked when we were going to have a sewing day and make them. We had that day in September and this is the result-

It has all these great pockets inside for keys, pens, notebooks, etc. (I figure one of the pockets would be perfect for a diet Coke, but I doubt the bishop would approve of that during church.)
Did I mention that I love it?!?!

It was well worth the 5 hours it took to make. It's stylish (I think) and the quilted straps make it so comfortable, even when you're lugging around a huge Young Women's binder and scriptures.
(Oh, and if you want to see some great camera straps, Megan's site is madebymeegz.com)

7 comments:

meegz said...

Thanks Julie! Glad you love your bag -- I'll make one for me -- one day!:)

Lia said...

I love your bag!! Where can I get that pattern? So are you working on a quilt? I started one a while ago and it's going to be a long project (extra big King size patch quilt for my bed). I'd love to see more of your projects. I remember from Balmoral that you're very talented in the craft department!

meegz said...

http://henriettashandbags.com/weekender_tote_pattern.html

That's where you can find the pattern.:)

Lia said...

Thank you!

Vic said...

So Awesome! I wish I had time to sew and do those fancy "woman" hobby tasks... For now, I am just a student.

Teddi said...

Terrific work! Makes me want to sew again...when my leg works, right! KUDOS!

Jacque said...

How much are you charging for these? Well you could sell them if you wanted to. I love all of the pockets. I need to get the pattern as well.