So, here's an update on how things went with my once-a-month cooking. For the most part, it was GREAT! Being able to just pull things out of the freezer in the morning made my day so nice. One thing I learned was that freezing fresh broccoli and cauliflower gives it a very strong taste when you cook it. My family didn't seem to mind, but I couldn't eat it. I didn't get some of the meals out of the freezer soon enough, so they needed more time to cook. I worried about the potatoes I froze for beef stew, but I vacuum-sealed them and they were fine. The main thing is that on the nights when I did have to do some cooking, even just pasta, I didn't want to do it. This month, I'm going to try to have more meals completely prepared. If you have any recipes that would freeze well, I'd love to have them.
#332
6 years ago



1 comment:
Julie
I have a whole book and software, I've loaned it to Tiffany Wagner -- let me know when you want it, I'll have it for you.:)
megan
Post a Comment