Last night, Sadie noticed my necklace clasp was in the front and said, "Make a wish." I said, "I wish I wasn't going to cry." It was true. I'd been holding it in all day and knew I wouldn't make it much longer. (We had a friend pass away.) An hour or so later, I heard her downstairs way past bedtime. She was looking for an envelope. I got her one and she went to bed.
This morning, I found the envelope addressed to me. It was a note from this sweet girl. In it, she told me she was inspired to write and share her testimony. I don't know if I cried more from her words of comfort or her very mature testimony of the Savior. I've known since she was a baby that this daughter of mine is probably much older and more advanced than me in pre-existance terms. Today she made that very clear. I feel blessed and humbled to be her mother here on earth.
#332
6 years ago



5 comments:
That made me cry. I am sure she is the way she is from watching and trying to be like her mom. You're raising a wonderful young woman... I love that Sadie girl!
Now THAT brings tears!:)
What a lovely thing! How very sweet! I miss the days of Sadie and Megan playing kitty...don't you?
How sweet. You are really blessed!
Lovely, very nice.
Post a Comment