Thursday, December 16, 2010

New Tradition

I spent an hour wrapping gifts today, trying to get done before the kids got home. I took an armload of them down to the tree when Jacob came in the door.
"What are those?" he asked.
"Are you serious?"
Blank stare.
"They're presents. You know, pre-e-e-sents."
"What are you doing with them?"
Ok, clearly, we've had too many years of having little ones who won't leave the gifts alone. We normally put everything out on Christmas eve. My kids honestly don't know what it's like to have gifts under the tree. That's one of the best parts of Christmas, I think. So, new tradition in our house. I hope. Noah is napping. We'll see what happens when he wakes up and sees the bright boxes.

1 comment:

Kim said...

I lauged right out loud!!! WE NEVER EVER put out gifts before Christmas because of the little ones we've always had around!! I can so relate to this...LOL!