Monday, January 17, 2011

This Week in Pictures

On Tuesday, we (the YW and YM) went sledding. Taking pictures in the dark, while kids are whizzing down a hill is not an easy task. I get lots of pics of the snow.
A great time was had by all, well, except our fearless YW President who basically broke her butt on the way down. There was this wicked little jump halfway down and she caught some air and *BAM*!!

There were many wipeouts, and it was FREEZING, but, you know kids, they didn't care. There was one other painful crash and it involved the biggest kid there. Yep. Mine. Adam hit the jump then landed against a snow bank at the bottom. He had the breath knocked out of him and an hour later was having a hard time breathing. Soooo, that landed us here-

("Mom! You brought your camera?" Of course.)
He had a chest x-ray and thankfully nothing was broken. Just bruised. Some Lortab and a day home from school was all he needed to recover. Oh, and FYI, if you're going to the ER, tell them you (or the patient) are having a hard time breathing. They will fast track you right back and the doctor shows up in mere minutes. Just tell them, 'My ankle might be broken, oh, and I'm having a hard time breathing.' Also, if you can get hurt or sick on a Tuesday, that helps, too. Much better than a Saturday night!
.
.
I had another visit to the hospital, but this one was a happy one. My cute niece, Rachel, had an even cuter baby. Meet Rowe Charli Morton-


She's a tiny, little peanut, and, oh, so sweet. A little background on her name- my grandmother's name was Sadie Rowe Doane. I think it's wonderful, and I'm sure my grandma is smiling down from heaven at her newest namesake. The Charli is for Rachel's brother who died at birth. It's so funny, every time I tell Noah her name, he says, "That's row, row your boat."
All in all, not a bad week.

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Such a fun week- I love the baby picture and am glad Adam was fine. I can't believe my behind made it on your blog... so happy there were no pictures of that :)