Monday, April 21, 2008

Happy Birthday, Sadie!

Sadie's birthday was actually a couple weeks ago. She turned 12, which we all know is a big deal. Young Women's, girl's camp, junior high, she's excited, I'm stressed! I look at these pictures and can't believe how fast she's grown. I miss that little girl and long for the days of baby dolls and pony tails. But, I'm pleased with the young woman she is becoming. Here are some things about Sadie:

1. As the only girl with 6 brothers, you might expect her to be a tomboy. Not so, she is a girly-girl all the way.
2. She swims like a fish.
3. Sadie is a social butterfly and makes friends so easily, (a quality I wish I'd had at that age). She rarely has a problem finding someone to play with.
4. Her favorite foods are pizza and Panda Express. She also likes diet Pepsi, blame Mom.
5. She loves country music, also blame Mom.
6.She has a steady babysitting job. She leaves the house at 7:15 every morning to take care of the kids next door until they leave for the bus. She then goes there after school for about an hour. She has a bank account and over the school year, has only spent about $100. I tease her that she has more in her account than I have, not funny when it's true.
7. She has read the Twilight series in 2 weeks time.
8. She has a boyfriend named Caleb. They've been "going steady" since the beginning of the school year. Whatever that means. They aren't allowed to hug or hold hands. They sit next to each other on the bus and whisper with smiles whenever they see each other.
9. She wants to be a massage therapist and a mom when she grows up. She used to want to be a dolphin trainer at Sea World, until she found out they swim in salt water.
10. Sadie is the sweetest girl and I feel priviledged and honored that she allowed me to be her mom.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Oh Sadie is so beautiful!! Happy late Birthday Sadie. I have so many fond memories of Megan and Sadie playing...they were such peas in a pod. Do you remember how they used to play like they were kitties all the time? Hannah has started to do that and it reminds me so much of Megan and Sadie together. I'm so glad you put all those cute pictures up...what a fun thing!

Teddi said...

Awwwww....what a sweet picture show! I can't believe how grown up she looks now! Sadly, I have not known her in her growing up years but she is certainly a lovely young woman. I loved your post about all that she loves and am dreading those times when my oldest hits that age - gulp! Thanks for sharing your angel!

Sarah said...

she is so sweet! and your slide show almost made me cry!