The other day, my son Adam brought his new friend over to meet me. HER name is Lindsey. She just moved into our neighborhood and they go to school together. I said hello and asked her about herself. Then, Adam said they were going to play 'Cranium' and he started to go to his room. I told him they couldn't play down there because it was such a mess. He said, "I know, I'm just going to get the game." As he left, I told Lindsey, "It really is a mess down there, I keep telling him to clean it." To this, she says, "Oh, that's ok. If we were at my house, my mom wouldn't let us go in my room alone either." OH, MY GOSH!! I honestly wasn't even thinking of that!! I felt sooooo stupid. Of course they can't be alone like that, they're 15. wow. I have just entered a new universe. My boys really haven't had any girl friends, and I haven't had to think about this at all. The only 'girlfriend' anyone has had is Spencer who was in love with Jaylinn in Kindergarten. (She was so cute, too bad they had to break up when we found out that Jaylinn's dad and Guy are first cousins!! See why it's important to be close to your family???? YOur kids could marry their cousins and not realize it!) This is just the beginning. I thought maybe having boys would be easier, less stressful. Not so. I feel so much responsiblity that they behave and treat girls right. I figure I have the next 19 years to get it right. Wish me luck!
#332
6 years ago



2 comments:
Oh, the joys of motherhood...especially the joys of being mom to teenage boys.
I'm so glad it's you and not me! I feel like I'm an eternity away from that - but know that it's only a mere 8 years away and won't be long before I'll be crying on your shoulder for advice. Please keep a log!
Post a Comment