Last Wednesday, I left for girls' camp for the first time in 12 years. The last time I went, Sadie was one, this time, she went with me. I can't tell you how much it meant to me to spend this time with her. I loved being with all the girls. I was a little worried, I will admit, about the beehives. These girls have lots of energy and you know that age, let's just say I wasn't called as the beehive leader for a reason. Their leader is fabulous and so patient with them, but she was only there the last night. My fears were unfounded, tho', the girls were (for the most part) very well behaved. They made me laugh- alot. This is a picture of one of Sadie's best friends. Is she being punished?
Other than that, we didn't have any more killing. We did jump into freezing water, tho. We were at a boy scout camp and they have a 'Polar Bear Plunge' tradition, so they did it with the girls. To become a member, you had to jump in, in the morning, and repeat the YW theme. I did it both days. I have never been in water that cold. The first day, my friend and fellow leader went in with me and we got in, sort of said the theme, (with chattering teeth) and got out. The second day, we were more prepared and determined. We got in, said the theme completely, then dunked our heads under. Seriously, once I went under, I couldn't even think.
The best part was the spiritual side, of course. We had a wonderful speaker on Friday night that had us all bawling and wiping our noses on our sleeves. The girls were very touched and we had a great testimony meeting afterword. I love girls camp. We had 20 girls, and many of them are inactive or non-members. It was such a great experience for them. Tho I hardly slept and am still dealing with a backache as a result, I wouldn't have missed it for anything.
(The picture on my blog was taken from our campsite. So beautiful!)



3 comments:
Glad you had fun -- sorry about the backache. It was all worth it though.:)
It seems so many of our blogging buddies went to girls camp this year. I have only been to girls camp once in my entire life and I hope I get to go someday again!
sounds like you may have had too much fun! j/k glad you had a good time. especially with sadie. i loved it when mom was in yw's with me.
Post a Comment