After Thanksgiving, we had a Family Home Evening about Christmas and talked to our kids about focusing on the true meaning of the season. We discussed how we could focus more on the Savior and one thing we decided was that we should do more service. I asked the kids to come up with ideas to serve others. The only thing they came up with was shoveling snow for our neighbors. Okay. So, we waited for snow. Thing is, kids are more excited when 'talking' about service. When you wake them up early on a Sunday morning to go out in the cold, service doesn't sound so great. But, I'm proud to say, they did it.
#332
6 years ago



2 comments:
I couldn't be happier to read this!!:) Teaching them to serve and work all at the same time --- I only HOPE to be able to do the same.:)
I love the little teenager comment at the end. I hear ya! Good for you though, getting them out there!
Post a Comment