I love Christmas morning. All the anticipation and planning finally pays off. (We hope.) My kids have gotten in the habit of asking for just one or two things and expect to get those. That's ok, I guess, but it takes all the surprise out of it. So, this year, I made sure there were some surprises. I worried a little, since they didn't necessarily get what they asked for. But, no one was disappointed, and it was a good day.
(Max got a lacrosse stick and a light saber, two things to hit with. Not sure what Santa was thinking.)
Sadie got a phone-big surprise! Now, she's 'caught up' with her friends. She's already planning how she's going to get more minutes.
There aren't any pictures of Noah. That's because the little Scrooge wouldn't have anything to do with opening presents that morning. He sat on my lap and growled at anyone who tried to give him a gift or even talk to him. He warmed up a little later, but by then, the fun was over. The kids were happy and 4 days later, still are. At least now they have something to keep them busy until school starts again next week. (Yeah!!!)



2 comments:
I love Max's gifts... isn't it funny how out of touch Santa's gifts sometimes seem?
I decided we're not going to have wish lists next year! I agree, it takes away some of the mystery and fun!
Post a Comment