Notice the look on my face. My brand-new husband was teasing me (and my mother) by running his hand up my leg, under my dress. This look is the one that has been the most prominent one of the past 18 years. Oh, we've had our ups and downs for sure, but through it all, we've been happy. I think one of the reasons is that we compliment each other. You know, the yin and yang. Here's a few examples-
- His favorite ice cream is vanilla. Vanilla. Before we married, I didn't think anyone's favorite was vanilla. Mine, well, it's hard to narrow it down. Chocolate. Chocolate with nuts. Chocolate with brownies. Chocolate with brownies and nuts. You get the idea.
- He is a perfectionist, mostly when it comes to work. Which is a good thing, don't get me wrong. Just don't ever show him your cabinets or table unless you're ready for some serious critisism. I'm a perfectionist in nothing (just ask my quilting friends). I like doing things well, but perfection? Too much work.
- I'm a little bit country and he's alot of classic rock and roll. I didn't start listening to country until about 7 years ago and I think he was ready to re-think our wedding vows. When we're in the car together, we compromise with soft rock, or 80's.
- I love dance, he'd rather have his teeth pulled, without novacaine.
- He comes from a family that is un-touchy and rarely cries. My family is like living in a Hallmark special.
But, even with all the ways we're different, we have enough in common that we get along so well. We love the same kind of movies and TV, we both love children (tho' not always our children), we also both love the gospel and are looking forward to many more years here and an eternity together.
Happy Anniversary, babe!



3 comments:
Happy Anniversary!
Happy Anniversary you two!
Happy Anniversary! and where did you get that picture of my house on your header??? LOL!
Post a Comment