After 17 1/2 years of having at least one in diapers, I'm done. It still seems a little unreal. I've walked past the baby aisle several times and had to catch myself and remember that I don't have to go down there. My 'baby' is now officially potty-trained and I am a happy girl!
Here's a few facts about diapers and me-
- I've tried almost every brand from Pampers to the generic. Luv's were always my favorite. I would try the generic when I was feeling thrifty and always regretted it.
- I did cloth with Adam for about 2 months. I'm just not 'green' enough for the effort.
- Five of my kids started out in size 1, only Hunter and Noah were small enough for newborns.
- When Max was born, the hospital didn't have anything but newborn diapers, they taped two of them together until they could send someone out for bigger ones. (Don't even get me started about Salt Lake Regional.)
- Right before Adam was pottytrained, when Sadie was a newborn, I had three in diapers for about two months. That was a very expensive 2 months!
- I have a 'thing' for newborn diapers, they're so cute. (Size 5's, not so much.)
- I figure this is about how many diapers I've bought/changed over the past 17 years.
This is not a bittersweet good-bye. I'm thrilled! Noah has had a few accidents, but is doing so well. It's actually quite liberating. No more diapers, diaper bags, diaper rash or wipes. (Of course, I'll always have wipes around for other uses.) That is until I have grandkids, but, by then I'm sure I'll be happy to change diapers again.



5 comments:
Congratulations! Oh Happy Day!!
I remember the day we used our last diaper too, and while I can't even compare to 17 years, I feel your happiness. Congratulations. Here's to diaper liberation.
Fabulous!!! I have only done it for 2 years and HATE IT, I can't imagine 17 1/2 years!!! You are a saint!
Congratulations! I'd still keep a secret "diaper fund" if I were you. Just think of all the things you'll be able to buy over the NEXT 17 years!
What a huge accomplishment! There has got to be an award for you out there somewhere! I thought we were soooo done, but we are still in pullups with no end in sight...I look forward to the day when we don't have to buy those any more (or when cleaning wet underwear isn't a daily chore!woot). I'm so happy for you!
Post a Comment