Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Mamma Mia Movie Review

When I was in the 7th grade, I had a friend who had all the ABBA records. We used to sit on her family room floor and sing along. You'd think with that kind of history that I would've been excited to see the Mamma Mia movie, but I wasn't. I thought it looked kind of stupid. When I went on my girls' weekend with my mom and sisters and they said they wanted to go, I didn't say anything. I didn't want to spoil their fun, so I went expecting to hate it. I was so wrong. We all loved it.
It's such a cute movie with really great music throughout. Meryl Streep has a surprisingly good voice. The young girl in it has a beautiful voice and I really loved her songs. There isn't any swearing or nudity (though there are a couple of sexual innuendos). Plus, you get the added benefit of looking at Pierce Brosnan! I would highly recommend this movie if you like love stories or, like me, are old enough to remember when the original ABBA music was popular.

If your husband likes that kind of thing, take him (mine asked if he would like it and I said "No way!"), but even better, take some girlfriends and get ready for a great time.

6 comments:

Kim said...

Julie...I took Megan to see it and we had the best time. I even got a bit teary eyed in parts of it and she just held my hand and rolled her eyes at me....I loved it too. I remember Abba music..when it was popular...I'm with you sister!

~heidi said...

I really want to see it. I have wanted to see the broadway show for a long time. I love ABBA music in general. So I am glad to know that it was great!

~heidi said...

oh...by the way, heidi in the ward...lol...i remembered you said on a previous blog you have a sister named heidi...so i guess i need to specify it is me when i comment

Julie said...

Heidi, my sister never leaves comments, so I know it's you.

Jacque said...

That sounds like a fun movie, I should take Chelsea. It'll probably never make it to our little po-dunk theatre here so I may have to wait for the video.

Lia said...

I was just thinking lastnight that I'd like to see this movie. I think Phil might actually like it too. The way things are going lately, I'm gonna have to put time on the calendar to be able to go.