I know, I haven't been keeping up on here lately. I feel like my life is a VCR (remember those?) and it's stuck on fast forward. I keep trying to find the pause button, but to no avail.So, this is my gratitude post, in addition to updating on what's going on. I spent my day at PCMC today. Hunter has been doing this 'blinking thing' where he blinks rapidly for several seconds. His pediatrition said it's probably a tick, which he would most likely outgrow, but it could be seizures. So, she ordered an EEG and an MRI.
We spent the day in two different areas with several different people who were so good to us. Here's where the gratitude comes in. I'm sooo grateful for these people who are dedicated enough to go to college and finish and go on to serve other people. The staff at Primary's is always so concientous of the kids and what they need. I'm grateful that they are also very aware of the parents and the fact that these procedures are hard on us as well.
He laid quite still as she wrapped his head in gauze. He followed her directions and when she left us alone in the dark room, he even slept. I'm grateful for prayers answered, as I've been asking for lots of help today, and I got it.
After the EEG, he was thrilled that he got to go pick out a teddy bear, which he named, Bear. Bear's favorite color is gold, just look at his bow.
After a couple hours wait, we went in for the sedation for his MRI. I knew he was being sedated, but thought it would be through an oxygen mask. OOPS. No one told me he had to have an IV. After assuring him all day that he wouldn't have any shots, he had to have the mother of all shots, one that stays in! He was not happy. The nurses were great, and praised him and his toughness and brought him a load of prizes to choose from. He reacted well to the meds and fell asleep quickly. He got through it fine. We'll have the results in about a week.
facility like this one so close to us. I cannot
count how many times we've been there in
the past 16 years. Every one of our kids has
'visited' except Sadie. We've delt with every-
thing from broken elbows, to a swallowed penny,
to finger infections and a snack of wild mushrooms. We've never had anyone stay, except Hunter when he was 5 weeks old and had RSV. So, although I can drive there with my eyes closed, we're blessed in that we've never had anyone seriously ill. But, it's good to know that if we did, we have men and women who are prepared to take care of my precious cargo.



6 comments:
AMEN! I got a little teary eyed just thinking about poor Hunter. What a trooper. I pray everything turns out ok. We love you!!!
I couldn't agree more - I tell everyone and anyone that driving to PCMC is worth the trip! Were you in the neurology department? I've been right in front of the EEG/Video monitoring room many, many times - that is where Wendy (the Deaf doctor/fellow) works. I was last up there a couple of weeks ago filling in for her terps. The nurses and docs there are the best at what they do and many times I wish I could go there for my own procedures and treatments - they know just how to treat a patient! I will be keeping you all in my prayers and you were in excellent hands up there! Keep us posted.
I hope it turns out okay for you guys and Hunter. I am very grateful as well for the Dr.'s and nurses at PCMC - they are very talented at what they do and know how to help the kids. I am also grateful to the people who donate the many items to help comfot children while they are there. Madi had to have surgery there a few years ago and I was impressed at how well not only she was treated, but us as well.
Way to see the glass half full!!
Sooooo sorry about that needle thing -- man our promises can bite us in the butt with these boys, can't they? :)
I too am grateful for modern technology and the people who are here to carry it out.
Merry Christmas -- and, of course, I wish Hunter the BEST!!!!
Oh..he looks so sweet in all those pictures...what a strong boy and strong mother...I hope everything turns out okay...let us know!....can you believe in all our years there we never once had to visit Primary Childrens with our kids? But we've known many who have and it is such a blessing!!
Hope everything turns out well for Hunter. I did the same thing when Alyssa had her MRI last year..no needles, I promise! Until they stuck the needle in her arm for the other test she was having done. I was in trouble! I am also thankful for skilled medical professionals that commit themselves to helping children. Let us know how Hunter's tests turn out. Merry Christmas.
Post a Comment