Thursday, February 19, 2009

Ephebiphobia- the fear of teenagers

Having teenagers is a serious rollercoaster ride. There are the teeth-jarring turns and the stomach-lurching 5o foot drops that make you feel as though your world is literally upside down. But, really, those aren't too frequent. The real problem is those little hills that you go over really fast, up-down-up-down-up-down. They leave you disoriented and with a major headache. These are the day to day episodes that never seem to let up. Here are few examples:

"Mom, I don't know why I have a D in that class. That dumb teacher wouldn't let me turn in my late assignments."
Really?

(After hearing my son say, "Shut the..up" to his sister.) "Jake, I dont' care if you don't say the word in there, you're not allowed to say that."
"Mom, I'm having a conversation with Sadie and you're interupting me!"
Really?

"I saw Max asleep on the couch, I just didn't think I'd sit on his head."
Really?

"You need to put your bike in the shed before it snows."
"Geez, Dad, I know."
















Really?

6 comments:

Kim said...

LOLLOLLOLOL!!! I think I have Ephebiphobia too! We deserve awards after it's all said and done!

Lia said...

That was very enjoyable! So glad you shared. Being a mother of a teenager and preteen myself, I needed to hear that today.

Greg and/or Angie said...

I love when the kids tell me that they "know". Then why didn't you do it??? Angie

meegz said...

I'm scared.:) REALLY!!!

Elaine Whiting said...

Those scenarios are so true. I'm so glad I'm past the teenager stage. Now I'm getting close to having a teenage granddaughter and I'm finding out how nerdy I am in her eyes.

Anonymous said...

hilarious. can't wait for those years.