I don't know that my brothers ever read my blog, but I couldn't talk about love without mentioning them. Our family has three girls, then three boys, then a girl. So, the boys were all close in age and close to each other. I don't know if they had as much of the 2 against 1 as us girls, but I suspect they did. I think Mitch, being the youngest, got to be the 'one' most often. I remember him as this sweet little kid. He was born 2 days after my 11th birthday. I had a big slumber party with about 10 girls, that's probably what put my mom into labor! Like Sarah, I enjoy my relationship with Mitchell now that we're grown-ups. He's an incredibly talented athlete. He played basketball, football and ran track in high school. He's so fast, no one could catch him. He's funny and still a sweet kid. What's interesting is that my Jacob is a clone of Mitch. He looks like him and even has a lot of the same mannerisms.
If I had to describe Matt in two words, it would be family man. He has always wanted kids. I think the only time I've seen him happier than the day he married Kerrie is when they had their baby, Jocelyn. He was always so sensitive, wearing his heart on his sleave. He also was incredibly accident prone. From almost cutting his finger off when he was three, to 'skinning his foot' to having the tips of his toes cut off, it's amazing he's still here in one piece! He's so kind and thoughtful. He's a hard worker and a great husband and father.
Marcus, being the oldest boy, is a leader. As the oldest boy after three girls, he got the brunt of our abuse. We did mean things, like making him drink dishwater and smell ammonia. He's been through alot, but came out of the refiner's fire an amazing man. He has two kids from his first marriage and he works so hard to take care of them. He recently got married to Terah, and it's great to see him so happy again. He's such a hard worker, he's a great example to me.
(I have to take a minute to say how grateful I am for my two sisters-in-law. Not only do they make my brothers happy, they're great women and I count myself blessed to have them in our family.)
It seems I was destined to be surrounded by men. I don't mind because these men bring me so much love and joy. They are a great example to my boys and to me. How lucky can a girl get?





1 comment:
Julie, I have really enjoyed reading about your family and the love you all share. Thanks for sharing some of it with us!
Michelle
Post a Comment