Where to begin? At the beginning, I guess. The opening act. I didn't put on any pictures of Jessica Simpson, because, well, she doesn't deserve it. Now, I'm not musical by any stretch of the word. (If you could hear us at Family Home Evening, you'd know I'm not exaggerating.) But, I figure, if you're getting paid to sing to an audience, you should be prepared to do that. You should sing in such a way that you can be understood, instead of screaming into the microphone so the words are mumbled. Also, if you have a current hit, that you wrote, you shouldn't forget the words!!! Honestly, she did. Then she tried to make up for it by calling herself a true blonde. OK, blondey, get off the stage and bring on the real band! No, I didn't yell that, I just thought it really, really loud. Oh, and by the way, I don't know where those pictures of her looking fat came from, the girl is a stick. If my legs looked like that, I'd probably wear 'Daisy Duke' shorts, too. So, on to the real reason we were there. This is the fourth time I've seen them in concert and Rascal Flatts just doesn't disappoint. The stage wasn't as cool as last year and they didn't sing long enough, (could they?) but they know how to put on a show.
Have you ever seen those videos of the girls when the Beattles would come out? They'd scream and faint. That was not how I acted, yet, about halfway through the show, I said something to Sarah and she started cracking up- because I was cracking up. My voice that is. Yes, I yelled, and yes, I sang along to every song, but I always do that. I've never lost my voice before. Maybe it's my body's way of telling me that I'm too old to do that. Too bad. As long as they come to town, I will go and act like a teenager. It was totally worth it to sound like a chain smoker all weekend.



3 comments:
so glad you had fun!
How do you really feel about JS??? LOL...sounds like you guys had a blast...yay for you!
Sounds like fun- glad you got to go!
Post a Comment