Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Balmoral Get-Together



Ten and a half years ago, Guy and I started looking for our first home. After looking around alot, we ended up in the townhouse community where Guy's brother, Arden and his wife Jacque lived. (I have to say, they are the only in-laws I could live that close to.) The townhouses were new and when we walked into ours, we knew we were home. We lived there for 8 years. And, although the people came and went, the friendships we developed have continued. (Thanks, in part, to blogging!!)

On Friday night, we had a 'reunion'. It was so much fun to see these people who I haven't seen in so long! When we all moved into the townhouses, we were in the same situation, young families in their first homes. We had so much in common, which I think helped develop those close ties. (When Adam started kindergarten, there were about 12 kids his age at the bus stop.) We've changed, our families have grown (still growing in some cases) and we've all aged, but some things never change.

The women congregated in the kitchen,


and the men were drawn to the living room,

where they watched the BYU-Utah State game.

(Sorry, Adam, even all your enthusiastic cheering

couldn't help the Aggies win!)


There were a few people who I was hoping to see (Lia and Rebekah), maybe they'll come next time. I've missed you all and look forward to seeing you again!





3 comments:

Deb said...

Thanks for the pics! I had a great time. I have never felt the closeness to anyone that I felt living there, probably because we were all young and poor. Can't wait until the next get-together.

Lia said...

I was SOOOO sad we missed it. I'm not usually one to dog Phil out, but it was his fault. We had a block party that started earlier and wrapped up in time. We could have come over, but I couldn't get Phil to budge. He said one party per night was enough. Boooo! I'll be there next time.

Jacque said...

Fun! I wish you would have told me you were going to go. Oh well I will have to meet up with you guys next time.