Friday, October 10, 2008

My Sisters, My Friends


My friend, Kim, posted this poem on her blog. It's one that I wrote for her years ago for her birthday. I had actually lost my copy of this, so was glad that she posted it. I thought I would share it here, for those who read my blog and not hers. I would dedicate this to all my sisters and friends who make my life easier. How blessed we are to be women, to have these chains of friendship that bind us together!


Beyond the Veil

If I could look into your eyes,
Without the veil that clouds my mind,
I'd have a memory of my life,
And the world we left behind.
I imagine you and I,
Dressed in robes of white,
Living in that Holy place,
Basking in His light.
Did we walk & talk together,
Of the world we didn't know?
I wonder if we shared our fears,
About the life we'd face below.
If I could push away this veil,
And look into your soul,
I'd recognize the sister, friend,
I'd known not long ago.

Julie DeMille 8/5/99


(I don't mind if you share this, just be sure to keep my name on it. Thanks!!)

2 comments:

~heidi said...

That is beautiful, Julie. Thank you for sharing it on your blog. You have an awesome talent.
Oh, about the paper route - I do not like it. I really, really wish it was something my boys did not want to do - but they like having their own money. But Jacob is more than welcome to accompany Garrett on that nice, brisk, snowy winter morning to see how much fun it is :) Or, even on a Sunday morning - such as this coming Sunday morning when it is cold and rainy - I think the rain is worse than the snow.

Lara said...

Fabulous poem Juile - I will be passing it on and will for sure include your name!