Monday, October 27, 2008

Rise and Shout, the Cougars are Out

I am a BYU fan by default, or maybe it's genetics. My dad is a huge fan, therefore, I became one. I have had some family to root for over the years, my cousin, Teag, played football there, and my sister's brother-in-law plays now. (OK, that's a bit of a stretch.) So, I guess it's in my blood. Football isn't my favorite sport (I much prefer watching the Jazz!) but I like it. On Saturday, we went to the game with my sisiter, Heidi, and her husband, Jerry. (Thanks, Dad, for the tickets!)

Sitting there in that sea of blue I thought how sports can really bring people together. Ever see
64,000 people sing and do actions at the same time?
It was a lot of fun and the weather was GORGEOUS! It brought back memories of being in college, though, I'm sure I didn't look that young when I was a co-ed.
After the game, we went to lunch at Applebee's where my stunning niece, Lindsey, works. Then, we went to Cabella's. Have you ever been there? WOW. So much to see. We were there over an hour and still didn't see it all. I'm not much of a camper and don't like hunting, but it

was still fun. Mostly, it was nice to have a day with Guy, and with Heidi and Jerry. Now, I get to try and catch up on the laundry and other stuff I should've been doing on a Saturday!

3 comments:

Lia said...

Yes, I've been to Cabela's and it's huge! Fun though, I agree. Phil and Nik like to go look at the guns even though they're not hunters. I remember football games when I was single. Soooo never went to watch the game. It was a huge social event. Fun.

meegz said...

Philip and i used to go to the Utah State games..i know, not such great football -- but it was always a good time.
As for Cabellas -- that place is like an amuesement park.
Hope you're still on for Thursday -- see you at 6.:)

Teddi said...

You're kidding me! I WAS AT CABELLA'S on Saturday!!! Next time you want to view the taxidermy museum or watch the trout get fed (or the goldfish being fed to the trou) - call me! I only live about 10 minutes from Cabellas! :D