One of my favorite scriptures is D&C 84:88, which says in part, "..and mine angels round about you, to bear you up." I don't believe we all have guardian angels that follow us around, but I firmly believe that those who have gone before are allowed to be near us and help us at times.
.
Let me preface this by explaining where we live. Highway 193 is a four lane road that runs east-west through north Layton. It's busy and has a 50mph speed limit. You turn off this road next to a Korean Baptist church to get into our neighborhood. The road that leads into our neighborhood also leads to the dump and is heavily driven by big garbage trucks.
.
On Monday, I was shopping with Sadie for shoes. When I got home, Guy told me that a friend (also my VT partner) Trina, had called him and asked if Max was there. He wasn't. We've been trying to let him go out on his own, ride around the block or play with friends outside. When Guy told her he wasn't there, she said that someone had seen him by the Korean church. Guy jumped in the car and went to find him. He found him, on his bike, in the middle of Highway 193.
There were cars stopped on each side of the road to let him get back. I cannot explain how he got across the dump road and then out to the middle of 193. I picture in my head, a couple of angels walking on either side of him, keeping him safe. I don't know who they are, but I'm grateful to them and to a loving Father in Heaven and His tender mercies. Maxwell is a difficult child and causes me a lot of stress, but I don't want to lose him.
.
We grounded Max from the bike for one day. You'd think we were torturing him with the crying and the fits he had. He'll never know how dangerous it was or the terror we felt as his parents knowing how close we came to losing him. I guess that's what being a parent is all about. Being vulnerable because you love these little people so much. My heart, my life, my soul are not my own. They belong to my children.




3 comments:
thats when you yell at them for going that way and then hug them and cry because you could've lost them. i think you're right about him having angels by him! holy crap!!!
Wow! How scary!! I'm so glad he's okay and so glad his angels were with him!
That's one of those 'crying fit' kind of moments...laughing, crying, screaming, crying, shaking, crying, reliving, crying, hugging, sobbing, praying, crying, flopping on your bed kind of moments. Heavenly Father was watching over your boy - love how you put it!
Post a Comment