Think back to when you were in jr. high. (Painful, I know, sorry.) Did you go to sleep-overs? If you did, do you remember the girl who fell asleep first? The one everyone played pranks on? Yeah, that's me. I got it all, the hand in warm water, (never worked, thank goodness!), shaving cream and a face tickle and my personal favorite, the bra in the freezer. Really, that one went past prank in my book. I mean, you finally get a bra, which you don't need, but wanted soooo badly. And you go to a sleep-over with other girls you want to impress with the fact that you have said braziere, and they go and get it wet and put it in the freezer. So, in the morning, instead of feeling all grown up because you have a bra, you have to retrieve it and take it home all wet and cold. That's not a prank, it's just mean. (Maybe I need a little therapy?)
So, here's my point, I could never stay up late. I tried, oh, how I tried. Even at girls' camp, I was the first one in my sleeping bag, while everyone else sat up and talked about boys and such. I got a little better at staying up late when Guy and I were dating. (Sorry, honey, you're in my blog again.) But, having babies ruined it for me. I needed sleep! So, I'd go to bed when I could. The news was like a bell for Pavlov's dog- oh, ten o'clock, time for bed.
The thing is, I've never liked mornings, either. "Are you a morning person, or a night person?" Some one recently asked me. "Um, neither?" Can you be an afternoon person?
I got up today at 4am to go work out. It was awful! And there were all these people there. What the heck? The only reason I did it was because my husband leaves for work at 5 and I wanted to see if I could go before he left. I did it once, don't think I'll do it again. I've been so tired today. Yet, here I am after midnight, wide awake. I've decided my body clock must be changing. I'm becoming a night person. I came home from grocery shopping at 10 and looked around and thought, hmmm, I could clean house now and not have any interuptions. So, I did. You know me, I hate cleaning. I just had all this energy. It's great. I'm not going to fight it. I'll enjoy the quiet time I have and get more things done. And, I'll set my alarm for 6:15, the latest I can. If you notice bags under my eyes, you'll know why. Don't mention them, or I might freeze your bra.
#332
6 years ago



4 comments:
You're hilarious --- yeah, maybe you do need therapy for the bra incident -- but it'd be well deserved.:)
I used to go to the gym early(5:45 AM) and be SHOCKED everyday -- it's like a city in the middle of the day in there...people awake, laughing, running -- WOW, who knew people were awake at that time of the morning!?
Too funny Julie! It's amazing to know that so many things are going on in the world when most people are sleeping. You know, it sounds like you're going through the symptoms of being pregnant!! That's how I was in my last trimester. Could never sleep and I wanted to clean clean clean!! Well I'll think of you when I go to the gym at 5:45. You'll be finishing your workout when I'm just getting up.
You're funny! I'm a no a time of day person right now! But I'm usually an afternoon person too. I could never stay up that late either.
Sadly, I'm feeling your pain and sleeplessness. I think it mostly has to do with the fact that our only 'free time' comes when kids are in bed. It's about efficiency and maybe a little bit of biology!
Post a Comment