I haven't been on the internet in a few days. It stopped working on Saturday. I didn't realize how much I would miss it. Here's the deal. On Thursday, our phone began having problems. When you picked up the receiver, you would hear this awful noise, it would go away, but then there'd be static. By Friday, you couldn't use it at all. But, by the time I realized it was so bad, it was too late to call Qwest. So, I called them on Monday morning. (I was hoping it wasn't an inside problem, since we don't have that linebacker thing.) They informed me that it looked like an outside problem. Yeah! I asked about my internet, because it had stopped working on Saturday night. They said they didn't know why it didn't work, but after the phones were back on, if the internet didnt' come back on to give them a call.
The phone came back on yesterday, but the internet didn't. I tried it several times. So, this morning, I decided to try it one more time before I called. Still nothing. The 'help' on my computer said that a line wasn't connected. I checked the DSL box and everything was there. Then, I noticed that the Qwest logo wasn't lit up, (it normally is), so I checked the power cord. Unplugged. huh. No wonder I don't do anything technical for a living. I'm not as bad as the people who can't find the 'any' key, but almost.




4 comments:
That is SO something I would do!:) It's called having too much on your mind.:) Glad you're back.
hahahahaha! thats hilarious. glad its back. and thanks for putting my sweet baby on your blog!
give yourself a break! What else do the tech support people have to do all day???
At least you figured it out before a repair man showed up. That sounds like something I would do.
Post a Comment